Call For Competitions And Challenges
We invite proposals for Competitions and Challenges of IJCAI 2023, the 32nd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, planned to be held in Cape Town, South Africa, on 19–25 August 2023. The competitions and challenges can be on any topic of interest to the artificial intelligence (AI) community.
Proposals must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “IJCAI23 Competition and Challenges Track Proposal” as the email’s subject.
Proposals must be submitted as PDF files (max two pages, excluding references) in the IJCAI format. Please name the file LastNameOfTheFirstAuthor_ShortTitle.pdf.
Each proposal must include the following information:
- A brief bio of the proposer(s), highlighting their experience in (or readiness for) organizing competitions or challenges.
- The aims and objectives of the competition/challenge.
- A brief history of the competition/challenge, if it was run at IJCAI or other conferences in the past.
- The relevance and importance of the competition/challenge for the AI community.
- The rules and guidelines for the competition/challenge.
- The software/hardware platforms and data sets to be used.
- The competition/challenge evaluation criteria.
- The expected duration of the competition/challenge and any specific requirements (e.g., physical space, monitors) for conducting the competition/challenge at the conference.
The submission and selection processes for the competition/challenge proposals are separate from those of the main conference. Each submission will be assessed by the Competitions and Challenges chairs (and external reviewers, if necessary) based on the following criteria.
- Relevance to the AI community
- Expected participation level
- Proposer(s) background/readiness level
Proposer(s) of accepted competition/challenge proposals will be encouraged to submit a demo paper at IJCAI 2024 summarizing their experience at the 2023 conference.
You may refer to the competitions accepted at IJCAI 2022 (https://ijcai-22.org/competitions/) as examples.
- February 2, 2023 – Submission deadline
- March 2, 2022 – Notification
The deadlines are at 23:59 Anywhere on Earth (AoE).
The IJCAI 2023 Competitions and Challenges Track chairs are:
- Pradeep Kumar Murukannaiah, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- Meir Kalech, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
Please send all inquiries to the chairs via: email@example.com.