Call For Competitions And Challenges
We invite proposals for Competitions and Challenges of IJCAI 2023, the 32nd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, planned to be held in Cape Town, South Africa, on 19–25 August 2023. The competitions and challenges can be on any topic of interest to the artificial intelligence (AI) community.
Proposals must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “IJCAI23 Competition and Challenges Track Proposal” as the subject of the email.
Proposals must be submitted as PDF files (max two pages, excluding references) in the IJCAI format. Please name the file as LastNameOfTheFirstAuthor_ShortTitle.pdf.
Each proposal must include the following information:
- The organizers’ names and email addresses (and optionally, websites).
- The overall goal of the challenge or competition and its relevance to the AI community.
- The number of expected teams.
- The rules and guidelines for the competition/challenge.
- The expected duration of the competition/challenge and the resources needed (physical space, monitors, tables, chairs, electricity sockets and watts). The evaluation of the proposal will take into account the minimum requirements you provide. Once we accept the proposals we will allocate the resources as fairly as we can over all accepted competitions/challenges.
- Optional: Links to previous editions of competition/challenge.
You may refer to the competitions accepted at IJCAI 2022 (https://ijcai-22.org/competitions/) as examples.
One of the main goals of the competitions/challenges is to enable other researchers, and the society in general, to benefit from the competition/challenge. In particular, we expect the participants to share the source code of their participating systems.
- February 2, 2023 – Submission deadline
- March 2, 2022 – Notification
The deadlines are at 23:59 Anywhere on Earth (AoE).
Demo Paper at IJCAI 2024
Proposer(s) of accepted competition/challenge proposals will be encouraged to submit a demo paper at IJCAI 2024 summarizing their experience at the 2023 conference.
The IJCAI 2023 Competitions and Challenges Track chairs are:
- Pradeep Kumar Murukannaiah, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- Meir Kalech, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
Please send all inquiries to the chairs via: email@example.com.