Call For Diversity Events
August 19-25, 2023: IJCAI-23 Diversity and Inclusion program
Participation in AI by underrepresented groups in computer science is a fraction of what is needed to have an AI workforce that reflects the diversity in society. Diversity has many facets, including race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, cultural background, and geographic region.
We would like to invite submissions of proposals for activities that will help broaden participation in the AI field. Activities can range from meetings for specific groups to panels, workshops to discuss the situation and propose changes, reports on outreach activities, and more. The length of the activities can vary from two hours to a full day. Here is the list of accepted events from IJCAI-ECAI 2022: Diversity and Inclusion Events, IJCAI-ECAI 2022
Requirements for Proposal Submission
Workshop proposals should be submitted electronically as a single PDF file via email to email@example.com. We will continue to process submissions as they arrive until May 15, 2023.
The proposals should be short (at most 2 pages in pdf format +1 page for a brief resume) and address the following:
- What activity is proposed and what are its specific objectives?
- The name, organization, email address, and URL of the homepage of each organizing committee member.
- A brief resume for each organizing committee member.
- What is the target audience (academics, industry, graduate students, undergraduate students, etc)?
- What is the expected number of participants?
- Duration of the proposed activity and proposed schedule.
- Will the activity be by invitation only or will it need an open call for participation/registration/submission?
- What is the expected timeline (call out, deadline, notification)?
- Advertisement strategy: how will the event be advertised on mailing lists and social media?
Please send all questions to the IJCAI 2023 Diversity and Inclusion Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org), Reuth Mirsky.