The International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence [IJCAI] Organization, in collaboration with its AI Journal, is pleased to announce the continuation of its Grant Program for students, junior scientists and scientists attending IJCAI-23 to be held in Macao, SAR, during August 19-25, 2023. The IJCAI-AIJ 2022 Travel Grants Program is sponsored in full by the IJCAI Organization and its Artificial Intelligence Journal (AIJ) Division.
Due to limited availability of funds for the IJCAI Travel and Accessibility Grant Program, applicants should first approach their department and/or local AI society for support before applying to IJCAI.
A decision will be sent June 13, 2023, midnight, AoE. (before early registration deadline).
The documents to be sent per email must include:
- the results of approaching the department/local AI Society for support
- whether any other sources of support are available to the applicant
- a case for support that includes reasons why IJCAI should make the grant to the applicant and
- a letter of support (for students only) from the applicant’s advisor/head of department.
A post-conference report and receipts totaling the grant amount will be required after the conference in order to receive the grant. In the event that travel grant applications exceed available funds, preference will be given to students and other applicants who have an accepted technical paper, and then to students and other applicants who are actively participating in the conference in some way.
If you are awarded a grant, you will be required to confirm the acceptance. Failure to do so shall result in a loss of the grant!
AIJ-IJCAI TRAVEL AND ACCESSIBILITY GRANT REIMBURSEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
To qualify for reimbursement, you will need to provide a travel expense report that itemizes costs, provide relevant supporting documentation, and indicate other support that you have received. You must include scans of all receipts you are claiming the funds for including boarding passes! It will also be necessary to submit a brief report indicating the value you derived from participating in the conference. Following bank details are required for the bank transfer (IMPORTANT NOTE: IJCAI does not issue checks and wires money directly into recipient’s bank account):
- Name(s) on Receiving Bank Account:
- Address of Account Holder at Receiving Bank:
- Receiving Bank SWIFT/BIC code:
- IBAN Code (if applicable):
- Receiving Bank Address:
- Account Number at Receiving Bank:
- If the bank is not part of the SWIFT, you must also include the full bank name and the address of the branch office:
Reimbursement requests will be accepted via e-mail (email@example.com) from September 10-20, 2023. Payments will be made starting from September 25, 2023. Note that international wire transfers take a minimum of 48 hours and may take up to 2 weeks! If you do not receive any funds from IJCAI Organization by October 30, please inform us.